This is the blog of a Teenage Liberal in a very RED city. Read the blog, find out about me, who knows, you just might fall in love ;)



Florida Kid Shot by SWAT Team, and Died.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I have to say this is probably the saddest story I have heard yet.
In case you didn't know, a Florida eighth grader brought a pellet gun to school, that looked like a semi-automatic handgun. Well he reportedly pointed a gun at a deputy, and the chase began.
Officials stated that they tried to negoiate with him, but to no avail.
So they "took him out" and the story broke a few minutes ago that he had died.

But I'm Curious, how hard did they try to negotiate, I mean he's in Middle School, how hard is it to trick an eighth grader? Who all did they bring in to negoiate, a local police officer? Or did they bring a child psychologist? When an obviously troubled kid risks, not only his own life, but the lives of other students and teachers, It's a big deal. And I heard nothing about who tried to negotiate with him. And isn't it about 9 times out of 10, that students like this one, tell somebody that they are bringing a gun to school? And it's the SWAT team, trained professionals, isn't there some way to tell the difference between a semi-automatic handgun, and a pellet-gun look-a-like?

Just curious...

|

About me

  • I'm a Teenage Liberal
  • From Earth
  • "White collar conservative flashin down the street, pointing that plastic finger at me, they all assume my kind will drop and die, but I'm gonna wave my freak flag high." Jimi Hendrix
  • My profile

Previous posts

Archives

Links